that I was, I did the smart thing of testing out the directions
in an inconspicuous spot on the bottom of my red chairís
matching ottoman. I was pleased to discover that my red vinyl
about the same color as the basic tub of red, which meant
no additional mixing would be necessary. I also found that
tool was completely useless, and that the best way to cure
the repair goo compound was to use the tip of the iron itself.
my repair didnít look exactly seamless, but I figured that
would get better with a little more practice. With test completed,
it was time to attempt to start making those fixes.
love to report that it was smooth sailing from here and that
$15 investment really did provide the miracle
cure I was hoping for, leaving me with a revamped chair that looked
as pristine perfect as it did way back in its 70s heyday. But hereís
what I discovered once Iíd done a few of these patch jobs on the
actual spots where there were noticeable tears.
was that for the long tears along the seat back itself, the
repairs just werenít strong enough to withstand the fact that
seats Ė duh Ė get sat upon. The reason these tears had occurred
in the first place was because of the pressure placed on them
each time someone sat down; a couple of thin layers of cheap
vinyl compound simply did not hold up to this strain.